1. What three things do you expect from a relationship with a lover/spouse?
-support (emotionally, physically)
-honesty “honey, your mother is bat shit insane” (not news to me) or “too much makeup, you’re tstartingto look like a drag queen”. Having grown up in a household where lies, betrayals, secrecy, & goddamn silence were practiced (and having never known what was going on in that house) I need someone who just says it
-sense of humor
2. What three things do you expect from a relationship with your child?
The family I come from, I think not having children is a way to end the cycle of physical & sexual abuse. So I don’t expect to have children.
3. How do you mend a broken heart?
You can glue a broken vase, but you’ll still see the crack. You can sew it up but you’ll still see the tear. In the old days, I’d have a swig of scotch, pretend I wasn’t broken, & keep right on going. No more.
4. What is your favorite therapy (remedial treatment of a mental or bodily disorder)?
Well I don’t drink, smoke, or over eat anymore. I don’t even shop. So Google “therapy spanking” and that’s how I decompress.
5. Who in your life has an annoying habit? How do you deal with this?
My mother doesn’t understand boundaries. This annoys me to no end, as she’ll tell me what to wear, who I can associate with. She has followed me to job interviews, told me whether or not it’s appropriate to let a man try to kiss me on a first date.
Truth be told, my mother is a large part of why I’m in therapy & on prozac
6. In five words, describe yourself. You cannot use the following words: funny, fun, nice, kind, responsible.
Narcissistic, depressed, resistant, entertaining, lazy